Xylitol – Not a Drug – Just a Wonder!
Epic Dental products contain xylitol, a powerful all-natural tool to improve your family’s oral health.
Not a chemical or a drug, xylitol’s completely natural and even produced by the human body during normal metabolism.
What It Does
- Xylitol Prevents Cavities: Xylitol’s unique molecular structure works against bacteria. In fact, studies show that 6 grams of the xylitol found in Epic reduce acid-producing bacteria. By reducing the bacteria, you reduce cavities.
- Xylitol Is Diabetic Friendly Sweetener: Our friends with diabetes have repeatedly thanked us for finding them a wonderful replacement to sugar. In fact, xylitol is only an 11 on the glycemic index, and since xylitol contains 40% fewer calories than sugar, you’ll be smiling each time you step on the scale as well.
- Xylitol Soothes & Quenches Dry Mouth: Epic’s xylitol not only naturally stimulates saliva flow, but also fights the cause of the acid production. Both our gum and mints are ideal ways produce additional saliva. You’ll find our mouthwash an ideal catalyst for an extra dose of cavity-fighting-gentle-buffer-building goodness. Learn more about relief from dry mouth.
- Xylitol Can Help Prevent Kids’ Ear Infections: Xylitol has been approved for use by people of all ages. Studies suggest that children especially, can benefit from using xylitol. In fact, in most of the xylitol research studies, children have been the key participants. Interestingly, studies have also shown that xylitol can strongly impact the bacteria that causes many inner-ear infections.
Xylitol? Too Good To Be True?
Xylitol is considered a healthy alternative to sugar and lacks major side effects. In fact, most users experience virtually no side effects when using the recommended dosage (usually 6-8 grams) for dental benefits. Some users, however, may experience some initial side effects when first using xylitol in large quantities.
Remember, xylitol’s not created in a lab. It comes from nature.
Where It Comes From
German chemists discovered the naturally occurring sugar in the late 19th century in birch tree bark, and since then, it’s also been naturally found in fruits and vegetables.
We choose corn. It’s renewable, and it affords us greater opportunities.
Marketing myths abound that the plant source of xylitol impacts the end product (i.e., corn vs. birch), but any scientist worth his sweetener will tell you there’s no molecular difference in the harvested end product with regards to its source. None. Zip.
Epic xylitol comes from some remarkable family corn farmers in China who help us go to exhausting lengths to bring you the best and purest pharmaceutical-grade xylitol on Earth. Using non-GMO, renewable corn crops, we can safely harvest and produce enough xylitol to power our small company (and it’s eco-friendly-smiling customers) and sleep soundly at night knowing we’re stewards of the earth and future generations.
How To Take Advantage Of Xylitol
Every day, more people are learning how to use xylitol to:
- Reduce bacteria that causes cavities, and
- Eliminate dry mouth, and
- Cook and bake sugar-free sweet tasty treats, plus
Xylitol’s the main reason we proudly and rather boldly (for us) offer you the Epic Cavity-Free Guarantee.
Worried about an allergy? Please – don’t be.