1 1/2 Tbsp Organic Shortening
3/4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 tsp. himalayan rock salt
1 cup. ground organic almond flour
4 large pastured egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients.
3. Add cold shortening into dry ingredients, and using a fork or pastry blender, cut
shortening into flour until the mixture has pea-sized chunks throughout.
4. Chill mixture for 10 minutes (NOTE: This is very important – the colder the fat is, the
fluffier your biscuits will be.)
5. Meanwhile, whisk egg whites with a fork in a bowl until foamy.
6. Remove mixture from fridge and whisk in the egg whites – you want a runny dough with
chunks of almond mixture.
7. Pour it into greased foil-lined ramekins or a muffin top pan and transfer to hot oven
8. For ramekins, bake 15 minutes. For muffin top pan, bake 12 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving 😀
219 calories, 18 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 11 grams monounsaturated fat,
4 gram polyunsaturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 7 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams
fiber, 1 grams sugars, 10 grams protein (4 net carbs)
This is my finished product with sugar free strawberry preserves – yummy!